Fashionista Monday brought back, except, it's Sunday.
My much adored fans have been asking whatever happened to my Fashionista Monday blogs...well, in short, I got lazy. I just didn't feel like making fun of fashion outkasts anymore. I felt that I had outgrown casting an individual as a pariah simply because their ensemble was funny looking (at least to me). I felt I was beyond making fun of people and in turn guiding them to where they should be...fashion-wise. This may be in part due to my apathy toward fashion. Frankly, I really don't care what the stars are wearing and which designer won an award this year. It was never really meant to be taken seriously, but what I did not know is that some people really did take it seriosuly, and they actually listened to what I wrote vis-a-vis fashion.
To you, I say thank you, BUT, I never meant this to be a guide. If it is, great !
Actually, the paradox in this whole situation is that I really made fun of people who follow fashion religiously, and are always up to par with exactly what the stars have aligned, (pun intended). If Julia Roberts was seen wearing black lipstick at a gala, there would be 500 girls in like the next day at Duane Reade for the new Revlon Midnight black. If Cam'ron was seen rocking a pink Tee, the ghetto became flooded with thugs walking around in outfits that resembled little pepto-bismol bottles.
Fashion is always nice to have, but when your life revolves around it I think it may become a problem. Spending $200 on a pair of jeans when your last check was just short of $180 post-tax is just sick. ALmost as sick as spending $10 a day on coffee but that's another blog.
But, in the spirit of Fashionista Monday (err, I mean Sunday) , I do have do's and dont's ...
A do and a Major Don't
Winter boots are really cute. Some girls tuck their jeans inside, others roll their jeans up to show off some fur, all in all, a nice eskimo-like way to let the world know that your little toasties are warm. However, some ladies have fallen into a trap I like to call "Space-Cadet Turbo Sheep Warmers". We all know the type. These boots were not made for walking on regular sidewalks, in fact, they were not even made for any terrain on this earth! These boots were made for space. They are sometimes half the size of their owners bodies and look extremely heavy. I've never actually gotten near this specific type of boot, for fear that a rat may run out and bite me if I got too close. Some girls may double-use these as a purse, as they are spacious enough to fit one's cell-phone, make-up bag, keys, wallet and perhaps your organic chemistry textbook.
So today's fashion lesson, unless NASA is sending you up to Pluto anytime soon, let's stay away from the Space Cadet Turbo Sheep boot and stick to simple winter toasties.
To you, I say thank you, BUT, I never meant this to be a guide. If it is, great !
Actually, the paradox in this whole situation is that I really made fun of people who follow fashion religiously, and are always up to par with exactly what the stars have aligned, (pun intended). If Julia Roberts was seen wearing black lipstick at a gala, there would be 500 girls in like the next day at Duane Reade for the new Revlon Midnight black. If Cam'ron was seen rocking a pink Tee, the ghetto became flooded with thugs walking around in outfits that resembled little pepto-bismol bottles.
Fashion is always nice to have, but when your life revolves around it I think it may become a problem. Spending $200 on a pair of jeans when your last check was just short of $180 post-tax is just sick. ALmost as sick as spending $10 a day on coffee but that's another blog.
But, in the spirit of Fashionista Monday (err, I mean Sunday) , I do have do's and dont's ...
A do and a Major Don't
Winter boots are really cute. Some girls tuck their jeans inside, others roll their jeans up to show off some fur, all in all, a nice eskimo-like way to let the world know that your little toasties are warm. However, some ladies have fallen into a trap I like to call "Space-Cadet Turbo Sheep Warmers". We all know the type. These boots were not made for walking on regular sidewalks, in fact, they were not even made for any terrain on this earth! These boots were made for space. They are sometimes half the size of their owners bodies and look extremely heavy. I've never actually gotten near this specific type of boot, for fear that a rat may run out and bite me if I got too close. Some girls may double-use these as a purse, as they are spacious enough to fit one's cell-phone, make-up bag, keys, wallet and perhaps your organic chemistry textbook.
So today's fashion lesson, unless NASA is sending you up to Pluto anytime soon, let's stay away from the Space Cadet Turbo Sheep boot and stick to simple winter toasties.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home