Monday, February 28

Laundry

Laundry has defied me. I've today realized how clueless I am. I'm lost without my own washer/dryer. Paying for laundry feels absolutely alien to me because I've been doing it for free forever! And these machines don't have designated, distinct holes in which I may pour the detergent and subsequently the fabric softnener, I actually have to wait by my machine until it reaches spin cycle...how primitive!
Moreover, I naturally assumed that detergent & fabric softener would be available for purchase right in the very vicinity. It's not. I have to go outside and walk up to town to buy it. Something so simple and routine as doing laundry, I took for granted.

BRB spin cycle.

The dryers are out to get me. My laundry has finished, done completely, clean and wet. I unload the washer and place all my laundry in the dryer. I am now searching for the coin button. Searching high, searching low, searching left, searching right. No damn coin button. I am now scrutinizing the machine, meticulously running my eyes from left to right, leaving no square centimeter overlooked. There is no slot for coins, and no sign saying that it doesnt accept coins. At that very moment, when I noticed a slit for a card, one of my fellow laundry doing counterparts informs me that this machine only takes pre-paid cards. I swipe a stupid smile across my face and begin to unload, again.

Second machine, way to down on the other end is empty. I check to see a coin slot, and bingo, I have found my match. I load my wet clothes into the machine, insert 75 cents and press start. Nothing happens. I press colors, nothing; permanent press, nada. At this point I start banging the machine. Piece of shit stole my money.

...Until, I see, the button to the right is for the dryer below and the button to the left is for the dryer above. I had pressed the button to the right, my dryer however, was the one above. I conveniently added an extra 45 minutes to the dryer beneath my own. hmph!

Yes, indeed, laundry has defied me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home