Thursday, February 10

Adjusting to dorm life. i.e- food

Feeling more and more like Carrie Bradshaw with every new entry. Not only because I am now in the city, but also because I am now coming to you live, from my laptop. I am having dinner tonight for the first time since I moved in. I can tell already that I am becoming comfortable with my current living situation as I am starting to slowly regain my appetite. For some odd reason beyond any explicable revelation I can produce, I have not been able to eat a decent meal (or meal at all for that matter) since I moved in Monday afternoon. I've realized now that in unfamiliar situations my body reacts by shutting down... I have no appetite, no zest for rest, and cannot sit still really. I've always been a bit of a fidgeter anyhow, but situations like this only provoke my uneasiness. Thus, my eating tonight should be a good sign of some comfortability or familiarity taking place in my mind.

While in the communal kitchen, preparing my meal (or rather, boiling the water for my cup-o-noodle soup) I became acquainted with yet, two more of my neighbors. But of course, I forgot their names. Regardless, there is talk of a new girl in town. In case you were not paying attention...that would be me.

Another one of my neighbors smiled at me on the way to the kitchen. Amazing how much at ease a smile from a stranger can put you. It's like an unspoken covenant...I accept you as my friend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

=-) rosie

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home