Tuesday, December 14

Infatuation

I find myself infatuated with different songs at any given time. It may seem arbitrary at first but I've realized that the lyrics really do reflect how I'm feeling. If I could make a list of what I'm going through at any particular moment and then were to consequently record my favorite tune of the moment; 9 out of 10 times it's a mere reflection of my emotion.
My newest infatuation has been 'Pardon Me', the acoustic, by incubus. Something about the original version doesn't do it as much for me. Perhaps the sound of the acoustic guitar is the comforting aspect.
It's a really well-written song, and those are hard to find "now-a-days". Today's songs mean shit. Well over half of my counter-parts would rather listen to a guy rapping about slapping his whore and putting her in her place rather than anything a bit more...shall I say substantial?
Everyone is entitled to their "bullshit" every once in a while. After all, we all do have our idiosyncracies, but my problem with the world is that most people are just stupid. I don't mean that in a condescending way. Please beleive I don't. A college degree is by no means is the measure of a man (and I use that term to incorporate males and females) . I'm not talking about education per se, I'm talking about some common sense, some moral value and a few convictions. That's what people lack. Maybe stupid was too harsh.

Just had to put my ruminations on cyber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home