Happy Thanksgiving - A cynics perspective
It's that time of year again. Turkey time. Seems like only yesterday we gathered round the table to give thanks, and here we are again, doing it all over. I don't want to sound cliche, and talk about how fast time flies, but I will - time does fly.
Before we know it it will be 2005, and we'll be having Thanksgiving Turkey dinner again- tomorrow.
Your favorite fat-bellied uncle will be there, your mother, trying to make dinner seem as pretentious as it possibly can, in order to disguise the pig-like reality of your house the other 364 days of the year, your other drunk uncle will be there too, although, he comes prepared, drunk before dinner. Your dad will most likely be in front of the t.v all day, popping open a fresh bruskee - one after the other. Your annoying aunt will show up, you know the one who always asks if you have a boyfriend yet - but your independent ass always claims "I'm too busy". Your brothers, will avoid the kitchen all day because your mother will be damned if they eat the Jello before the guests arrive and ... Am I getting off on a tangent? Oh, right! Thanksgiving! Yeah, so give thanks to the Man upstairs for that crazy family of yours, that fat ass Turkey in the oven and German beer !
Happy Thanksgiving.
Now go get drunk.
Before we know it it will be 2005, and we'll be having Thanksgiving Turkey dinner again- tomorrow.
Your favorite fat-bellied uncle will be there, your mother, trying to make dinner seem as pretentious as it possibly can, in order to disguise the pig-like reality of your house the other 364 days of the year, your other drunk uncle will be there too, although, he comes prepared, drunk before dinner. Your dad will most likely be in front of the t.v all day, popping open a fresh bruskee - one after the other. Your annoying aunt will show up, you know the one who always asks if you have a boyfriend yet - but your independent ass always claims "I'm too busy". Your brothers, will avoid the kitchen all day because your mother will be damned if they eat the Jello before the guests arrive and ... Am I getting off on a tangent? Oh, right! Thanksgiving! Yeah, so give thanks to the Man upstairs for that crazy family of yours, that fat ass Turkey in the oven and German beer !
Happy Thanksgiving.
Now go get drunk.

1 Comments:
When I was single, I dreamed of telling people
"yes, I have a boyfriend. No, I don't know when we'll get married. It all depends on the govenor pardoning him or one of the appeals going through."
Post a Comment
<< Home