Wednesday, March 9

My Acting Break (sorta)

I can think way back to a time when I was just 3 years old and my daddy asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. "A Movie Star!" I'd respond enthusiastically and then give him a bourgeois pose; neck protruding, head tilted, shoulder up, puckered lip and all, as if he were the paparazzi, incessantly taking my picture, in front of the set of my marvelous film.
Indeed he was, because he was behind a camcorder on the deck of our pool, simultaneously my number one fan and director, while I told him this.

Fast forward 18 years later and I'm on camera again! Only this time, at Hunter college. A friend of mine Teresa, who (just like me, will be a famous writer one day) is a film major and needed an extra for her senior thesis. I know, it seems just as minutiae as the former scenario but it's definitely a step-forward. I mean, it's not going to the Oscar's anytime soon but hey, it's not in my backyard anymore either...just at my college.
If that's not progressive I don't know what is. As an ex-aspiring actress, and former (before I changed my mind again) Theatre major, it felt good to get in front of the camera and just be again. Even if my part had no lines. Hell, I was "The Hot Chick". I'm not complainin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home