satisfied but not full
I'm sitting at Starbucks on Third Avenue and 28th street right now writing up three term papers. I've got my seat facing a window so I can peer outside every so often to help collect my thoughts. My thoughts say I'd rather be outside basking in the sun but then thinking of doing all this work late at night is enough to keep me in.
I've written up two and a half papers so far and am editing my third, so I'd say this was a pretty productive afternoon. I decided to take a small breather and instead of going out for a cigarette, write.
I did quit! It's just that, lately, I've been feeling a bit nostalgic. I can't explain it at all but I just have. I have had no appetite for food whatsoever, it's almost as though I don't even need it. I've had no zest for anything creative, and the only craving is one of nicotine.
Up until Thursday I had not bought a pack of cigarette's since January, and before that since last summer!
They help though. I feel a little better.
But still empty; like the pack I just tossed in the trash.
I've written up two and a half papers so far and am editing my third, so I'd say this was a pretty productive afternoon. I decided to take a small breather and instead of going out for a cigarette, write.
I did quit! It's just that, lately, I've been feeling a bit nostalgic. I can't explain it at all but I just have. I have had no appetite for food whatsoever, it's almost as though I don't even need it. I've had no zest for anything creative, and the only craving is one of nicotine.
Up until Thursday I had not bought a pack of cigarette's since January, and before that since last summer!
They help though. I feel a little better.
But still empty; like the pack I just tossed in the trash.

1 Comments:
What made you quit the first time?
Post a Comment
<< Home