My experiences as a graduate assistant pt. 2
Sometimes I think of my life as being a dream, where I will one day wake up and realize this all had not happened to me but was played out in my subconscious imagination unconsciously.
Lat night I attended a conference on Diplomacy, Leadership and Conflict Resolution. Academians, scholars, distinguished professors, diplomats and nation states of diplomacy were all there to talk about leadership and what it means to lead (successfully). I met the UN Ambassador of Iran, Kazakhstan and Syria among others who were present. I met students from various University's in various disciplines both undergrad and graduate.
The former governer of Utah was there and gave an eloquent speech on what it means to be a woman in the political arena, how far women have come in politics and how much further they can go. Her feminist rhetoric was as pleasing as a lyre to one's ear.
There was much talk of Greek philosophy, Plato and Aristotle, Jesus, Mohammad and God. Each speaker reflected on what it meant to be diplomatic, a leader and more importantly to be just. The latter must supercede the former in order to have order, not chaos, but we can all agree that this is not always the case.
Lat night I attended a conference on Diplomacy, Leadership and Conflict Resolution. Academians, scholars, distinguished professors, diplomats and nation states of diplomacy were all there to talk about leadership and what it means to lead (successfully). I met the UN Ambassador of Iran, Kazakhstan and Syria among others who were present. I met students from various University's in various disciplines both undergrad and graduate.
The former governer of Utah was there and gave an eloquent speech on what it means to be a woman in the political arena, how far women have come in politics and how much further they can go. Her feminist rhetoric was as pleasing as a lyre to one's ear.
There was much talk of Greek philosophy, Plato and Aristotle, Jesus, Mohammad and God. Each speaker reflected on what it meant to be diplomatic, a leader and more importantly to be just. The latter must supercede the former in order to have order, not chaos, but we can all agree that this is not always the case.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home