the ski trip
there is a message i heard today and i'd like to share that message with my fellow blog spotters...
i've probably dismantled it a bit, but hopefully the general idea will get across...
a man took his young son skiing for the first time. the boy was nervous yet happy. within his first try on the slopes he did well and felt he could challenge himself by going further. the young boy went ahead of his father and ultimately lost control and fell down.
upon falling he yelled "help!", and a voice yelled back "help!"
he then yelled "help me!" and a voice yelled back "help me!"
he then yelled "who are you?" and the voice yelled back "who are you?"
he then yelled "bully!" and the voice said "bully!"
he said "coward!" the voice said "coward"
his father came down the mountain shortly thereafter, laughing at the naivete of his young son.
"daddy, who is that?" the boy said
and the father replied "son, that's called an echo, but it's also called life.
"Hello!" yelled the father
"Hello!" yelled the voice
"I can do this!" yelled the father
"I can do this!' yelled the voice
"I am able!" yelled the father
"I am able!" yelled the voice
"I will succeed!" yelled the father
"I will succeed!" yelled the voice
Then the father turned to his son and said "you see son, the echo is just like life, you get from it what you put out there".
i thought the moral of this story was a delight, and felt i should spread it's word.
i've probably dismantled it a bit, but hopefully the general idea will get across...
a man took his young son skiing for the first time. the boy was nervous yet happy. within his first try on the slopes he did well and felt he could challenge himself by going further. the young boy went ahead of his father and ultimately lost control and fell down.
upon falling he yelled "help!", and a voice yelled back "help!"
he then yelled "help me!" and a voice yelled back "help me!"
he then yelled "who are you?" and the voice yelled back "who are you?"
he then yelled "bully!" and the voice said "bully!"
he said "coward!" the voice said "coward"
his father came down the mountain shortly thereafter, laughing at the naivete of his young son.
"daddy, who is that?" the boy said
and the father replied "son, that's called an echo, but it's also called life.
"Hello!" yelled the father
"Hello!" yelled the voice
"I can do this!" yelled the father
"I can do this!' yelled the voice
"I am able!" yelled the father
"I am able!" yelled the voice
"I will succeed!" yelled the father
"I will succeed!" yelled the voice
Then the father turned to his son and said "you see son, the echo is just like life, you get from it what you put out there".
i thought the moral of this story was a delight, and felt i should spread it's word.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home